Monday, August 4, 2008

Using What I Have

I haven't been in the studio to sew for ages and it felt great to whip up a quick project. I have an old chair that needed some more comfortable cushions and a refreshed look. I didn't have to purchase anything as I simply used materials I had already. I had the two Euro pillows we were no longer using on our bed, I had the yards of linen from my mother-in-law and I had the stained blouse. I sewed up a simple square case but used the button placket for the closure. I simply cut the placket from the blouse and sewed it onto the case, which makes the case removable for washing and changing. Easy, easy and it looks fresh and homey.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! What a great idea to use the blouse's button holes and buttons!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...